We had a mama and daughter moment with my little one awhile ago. Since I crave for a crinkle, we bake one. Here’s my full recipe:
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine cocoa, sugar & vegetable oil to a mixing bowl, using a low speed mixer.
2. One at a time, crack the eggs then add the vanilla. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder & salt to a separate bowl beat until combined. Add this to the wet mixture using a low speed mixer. Do not over beat.
4. Cover it with cling wrap. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hrs.
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with some parchment paper. Scoop out a mixture and roll it in the confectioners sugar. Place the crinkles into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy eating, best paired with your favorite espresso.